What do you need to know about your Local Enterprise Partnership......and what opportunities are there for the VCS? - Nottinghamshire
One East Midlands, through the ERDF Reach & Impact project, in partnership with Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service, are hosting this workshop to enable stronger and productive relationships between the VCS and LEPs.
The LEPs have a new strategic role for the delivery of a large proportion of the next round of EU Funds, including ERDF and ESF, from 2014-2020. LEPs will be responsible for ensuring local growth outcomes are delivered by working with a range of local partners, including the VCS.
In maximising the VCS role in enabling economic inclusion, it has become even more important for the VCS to demonstrate their social and economic contribution and the key role they can play under the EU structural funds programme.
There will be an opportunity to hear from the representatives of the LEP from your area, who will be discussing the LEPs future role, priorities, engagement strategies and opportunities for the sector. Colleagues from the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and the Department for Business Innovations & Skills (BIS) will also be present to contribute to the day.
In addition we will be hosting workshop sessions in the afternoon that look at some of the essential skills and knowledge needed for delivering a project under the ERDF programme:
- Project management- understanding effective management of an ERDF project, including tips on keeping an audit trail, ensuring sufficient cash flow, monitoring and evaluation and adhering to the ERDF procurement policy
- State Aid - an introduction to state aid and what organisations need to know to comply with State Aid rules and regulations when applying for EU funding.
- Understanding your local economy - introduction to economic principles and their relevance to the work of social purpose organisations; looking at the use of economic data in evidencing need / opportunity and evaluating your economic impact
- Marketing your EU Project – guidance, hints and tips to effective marketing of your ERDF project and complying with the EU marketing guidance
Outcomes and objectives
This event will enable VCS organisations to:
- Understand the future role of LEPs in EU Structural Funding
- Improve/increase the LEPs understanding of the positive social and economic contribution the VCS can make under the EU Structural Funds programme
- Clearly indicate to LEPs what the VCS contribution could look like under the new EU Structural fund programme and why LEP strategic plans should be inclusive of the VCS as both strategic and delivery partners
- Build capacity, skills and knowledge for effective management of EU funded projects
VCS organisations, social enterprises, generic and specialist support providers to the VCS. The event will be appropriate for senior managers, trustees, management committee members, and policy leads.
To download the full agenda click here.
To book your free place on this event click here and then click on the "Register Now" button.
Alongside the events, One East Midlands has published a policy briefing on LEPs and their role in the 2014-20 EU Funding Programme. To download it click here.